Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sunday ART Continues

Today I went to Selma, AL to see the art of Kellie Newsome http://www.kellienewsome.com/ It was a beautiful day for the hour drive. I had never been to Selma and by going there today I have now seen the famous bridge that Martin Luther King, Jr marched across- Selma to Montgomery during the civil rights movement of 1965. You can read about some of that history here. http://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/civilrights/al4.htm As for my own artwork, I continue to experiment with the Encaustic wax. I have added more details to this work.

2 comments:

  1. I am fascinated watching the encaustic experiments... scares me crazy... I would possibly set myself alight with me coordination skills.... so maybe better that I just watch you have the fun...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love working with it- but like you said you have to be careful to keep the temp just right and work outside or with a window open. It is getting cold here so I might have to stop working with it for a little while.

      Delete