Sunday, November 25, 2012

Day 25 Catching Up

I have missed a few days of AEDM as it was holiday time. I went to Louisiana to visit with family. We had a bonfire and made smores! Then the next day we have our Thanksgiving feast which includes my mothers generation, then all the cousins, then all their babies- I guess that is three generations this year- sometimes it is four.
At this gathering I gave the quilt I have been working on to one of my dear cousins. My mom helping me take the final pictures of my quilt. The last photo is what it looked like before the posies.

5 comments:

  1. love your quilt! and the bonfire looks like so much fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure how the bonfire started but it has become my favorite part of the Thanksgiving gathering.

      Delete
  2. This is very beautiful. My mom is a quilter..and I so envy that type of precision and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks- I am not much for really following the rules- I was watching PBS on New Years and a lady was doing pinwheels so I tried it- some look like pinwheels then I had to just do my own thing- HA!

      Delete
  3. Your quilt looks fantastic! Oh, how I adore looking at it! Quilting is a skill I don't have and I try (valiantly!) not to envy it in others.

    (Not sure how well that works, though! *smiles*)

    Here is my AEDM post today if you would like to see it!

    ReplyDelete