Thursday, November 29, 2012

AEDM Day 29

Yes it is almost at the end of art everyday month. I am feeling a little ill today and so not up to doing much. I did happen to take a quick photo today as I left campus. They have just added another fountain to campus. Today is the first day I saw it working and with different color changing lights. They were working on it as I walked by earlier in the day and it still is surrounded by fencing. Although I understand that green space is a necessity on campus, we already have a huge quad and fountain. The two fountains are only separated by a building in between. If you saw the art department building you would understand why I think the money could be put to better use.

3 comments:

  1. Ah...I remember our art department building looked like some sort of old airplane hanger. It had a lot of character, I'll just say that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha yeah the one at my undergrad was like that and we were all told if there was a fire to get out that the firemen would not come in as it was condemned. The one here is a big square like the 70's buildings with a garden area in the center- it is cool but way too small for all the classes and departments activities.

      Delete
  2. This is a great water shot. Thanks for stopping by my art blog to say hello...your visit and kind words are deeply appreciated. I posted a photo on my photo blog of the bell tower on the campus where I teach...I guess we both had the same line of thinking. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete