Monday, November 5, 2012

Still Life at the Barn

Today I participated in the ART BARN still life. When I arrived this is what they were painting. I did not have enough time to finish my painting so posting my work in progress. I have not painted this type of still life in a many years. Acrylic on canvas The last two nights I worked on this folklike painting of cats. I am sharing it only as process. It did not turn out like anything in my mind. I am not really happy with it, but that is part of the process.

4 comments:

  1. Just popped over after getting your comment. I love your work. Will you keep blogging after the end of AED? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the cats!! I had a black/white tux kitty, with long hair, so I immediately thought of my Duke, who we lost last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to keep blogging- I need to learn how to use the blog for example I don't know how to put the Creative Everyday link on here.
    Hilary thanks for the cat comment, it is so hard to loose a pet. We have two strays outside one feral gray he only comes up to eat and we can not touch him. He has something wrong with a leg and one tuxedo cat. The tuxedo cat we love and call Outside kitty. She came with the house we are in. We did not try to bring her inside as we have two dogs and another cat inside, but I have now gotten so attached to her that it is hard for me knowing she is on her own outside. Who knows where all she goes- she has a huge territory it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What talent! I love that you post your works in progress. Beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete