Saturday, November 17, 2012

Day 18: Posies or Yo-Yos and Cards

Process photos of a Yo-Yos or what I like to call Posies- Cut a square, fold square in half, fold in half again, take scissors and cut the raw edge in a half circle shape from corner to opposite corner, Now you have a circle, turn down a 1/4 inch on the edges and stitch around the circle catching the folded edge, when you pull it tight you get a yo-yo. (note I am not one for exact measurements- there are methods to making an exact yo-yo I am sure you can find lots on the web)
I will be applying these posies to the quilt I have been working on all week. My other side project that has been in work are using these playing cards to make Christmas ornaments. I am just beginning to experiment with this. I covered with gesso and white acrylic,then decided to use paper to cover it instead.

10 comments:

  1. love your blue kitty with the crown! xo L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by- I might be teaching a class locally next month and trying to figure out what to do with these cards for it.

      Delete
  2. Delightful creations ~ bet your quilt is beautiful and love the card creations ~ wonderful! ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice! i hope you'll share the finished quilt when you've got it completed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to be finished with the quilt by Thanksgiving- so check back:)

      Delete
  4. The playing card ornaments are so fun. Love their expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those posies would look gorgeous on a quilt...I hope you'll share pics of the finished quilt too. Cool way to decorate a deck of cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom is ADDICTED to yo-yos. She's made my sister and I so many yo-yo pieces I can't even count them! She finds it very theraputic. I love the cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the look of them! It is definitely a rhythm making yo-yos.

      Delete