Monday, November 19, 2012

Guitar Brights

In my last post, I talked about wanting to explore more in bright paintings. In my stash of canvas I had this one that had staples on the sides. I knew I wanted to cover those and had read recently about texture caused by painting on newspaper. I Mod Podged the newspaper on the canvas in a random manner. Then put on a slight bit of gesso then began working with my acrylic paints. I was then left with the decision of- What should I put on this canvas? I decided on a guitar tree and birds. I am not done yet, but this is the start of my painting.

3 comments:

  1. This is a welcome sight in the morning! it was nice to see the stages as well as the final piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful colors! thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a kind comment! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, FranT

    ReplyDelete