Sunday, July 6, 2014

To Sunset or NOT


Well I got the bright idea I would try my hand at a sunset. This was a follow along of a palette knife tutorial that I quickly decided I did not want to palette knife. I still painted it and never felt it looked like something I would do. Usually if I watch a tutorial 1/2 into the process the painting takes on a life of it's own and I am free to continue painting in my own style. In other words, it looks like me not the tutorial and really the tutorial is only a starting point for proportions or color balance. I took this photo of the process. I then showed it to my husband and proceeded to the kitchen where I took out a scrub brush and washed the canvas. I got alot of the paint off and I now love it. Of course he says it is because it is mostly yellow,my favorite color! I doubt I will leave the canvas like this as my intention was to paint it over.

No comments:

Post a Comment