Friday, January 11, 2013

My finished work!

The first piece is a fiber quilt piece. It is a silk piece that is transfer dyed from ties. Then it has reverse applique techniques to create the rectangular shapes. It will be mounted under glass however, I found it is almost impossible to take a picture that way. I had difficulty naming it. I finally decided to call it My Father's Ties. The second piece is a fiber, thread, paper and encaustic mixed piece. I call it The Landing. I see an eagle in it. Mostly this piece was just about creating- something about the process of putting stitches into the work was relaxing and rhythmic.

2 comments:

  1. I have tried to determine how you appliqued the shapes....thank you for telling me (although I don't know what reverse applique is--gotta learn).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reverse applique is when you layer fabrics, stitch a shape, then cut away- if you cut too much then you will cut all the way back to the batting- so it is a little tricky.

      Delete